Reconnecting is hard work ... It is also one of the most satisfying experiences around.Truths about couples and marriages:
- All couples have conflicts. It's how you address and manage conflict that makes the difference.
- It is okay to have irreconcilable differences as long as you can accept them as part of the relationship.
- It takes a lot of work to keep a committed relationship healthy and growing. It does not happen on its own.
- Many times, past hurts and resentments can be resolved successfully.
- Poor communication such as using "silent treatment" or avoiding issues altogether.
- Criticizing and resentment on an ongoing basis.
- Lack of passion or sexual intimacy.
- Focusing on the negative in the relationship on a continual basis.
- Avoidance of major issues or conflicts resulting in a build-up of negative emotions.
- We'll start with developing customized tools to help you listen actively, stay in the present, show your love and communicate what you need.
- We will work to put conflict into context to not only deal with the day-to-day realities of life, but also understand and connect with one another on a deeper level.
Further Reading: If you are considering starting couples counseling, I recommend the following article.
Simply place your cursor over the article title below and you will be taken to the link/article:
Article: How to get the most from your couples counseling